In Summer, we want to eat or drink something cold. We feel like this from our body. We like to enjoy the fruits as per the season. Summer season is famous for mango and watermelon. If someone offering you watermelon in rainy or winter season then you might not like to have it. Watermelon was initially cultivated in Africa. Where it originated in Africa, however, remains a mystery. Since the 7th century it is harvested in India. Then in 10th century, China started production of watermelon. Now China is world’s top country in Watermelon Production.
Watermelon is a flowering plant. Watermelon’s minimum weight can be 2.5kg & maximum upto 20kg. It grows in dry tropical region weather room temperature is greater than 25°C. Such environment is very good for the production of watermelon. Watermelons are good source of Vitamins, minerals and it also contains some factors which helps to improve immune system. Watermelon contains 15 to 20mg/2 Cups of Lycopene Level Of Phytonutrient. Lycopene is a powerful carotenoid antioxidant that gives fruits and vegetables a pink or red color. Lycopene is best for health of heart. Watermelon contains high amount of vitamin B which helps you to protect from Berry Berry and other deceases caused by the Vitamin B deficiency. Watermelon consists 92% of water, 6% of sugar and very less amount of fat. 100gm of watermelon contain 30% calories.
Nutritional Value Of Watermelon:
Vitamin A 4%
Pantothenic acid 4%
Vitamin B6 3%
Vitamin C 10%
Phosphorus 2 %
Top Key Benefits Of Eating Watermelon:
1. Drinking water is the best way to keep your body hydrated. Watermelon consist 92% of water which help you to keep your body hydrated.
2. Most of the people death because of heart disease. By reducing blood pressure and cholesterol levels we can prevent heart attack. Watermelon also contains citrulline, an amino acid that may increase nitric oxide levels in the body. Nitric oxide helps your blood vessels expand, which lowers blood pressure.
3. Watermelon contains lots of water and a small amount of fiber both of which are important for healthy digestion and prevents constipation.
4. Watermelon is also great for your skin because it contains vitamin A, a nutrient required for sebum production that keeps hair moisturized. Vitamin C helps your body make collagen, a protein that keeps your skin supple and your hair strong. Vitamin A is also necessary for the growth of all bodily tissues, including skin and hair.
5. L-arginine is the precursor to nitric oxide and arginine is readily found in watermelon may also help with erectile dysfunction by helping to relax your blood vessels, including those supplying blood to your penis. After research it was seen doctors now know that it is the relaxation, not the stimulation of the smooth cavernous veins in the penis that cause an erection.
6. Watermelon is an rich source of lycopene. Studies suggest that lycopene may help lower cholesterol and blood pressure. It reduces the risk of heart attack.
There are so many benefits of watermelon. I have explained few of them here. So enjoy watermelon in this summer. Don’t forget to share your chilling experience with us in the comments.