When we decide to eat Chinese cuisine at restaurant, Manchow Soup will be your first choice. Manchow soup is best Indo-Chinese soup. It is popular because of it’s hot & spicy taste. Winter season has started in India. It’s a perfect season to enjoy the taste of Manchow soup. I learnt this recipe from chef at my college. Cooking Chinese is joy for me. Have a nice evening with a bowl of Manchow Soup.
To make Manchow soup, you have to prepare Vegetable stock first. While preparing Vegetable stock we have to chop all the ingredients for soup preparation. Let’s begin.
For Vegetable Stock:
• Water As Needed
• Carrots 1/2 Cup (Roughly Chopped)
• Cabbage 1 Cup (Roughly Chopped)
• Cauliflower 1/2 Cup (Roughly Chopped)
• Spring Onion 1 Cup (Roughly Chopped)
• Vegetable Stock 2 Cups
• Cooking Oil 1 Tbsp
• Spring Onion 1/4 Cup (Finely Chopped)
• Garlic 1 Tsp (Finely Chopped)
• Ginger 1 Tsp (Finely Chopped)
• Green Chillies 1 Tsp (Finely Chopped)
• Cabbage 1/4 Cup (Roughly Chopped)
• Capsicum/Green Bell Pepper 1/4 Cup (Chopped in small Cubes ie. Fine Brunoise)
• Carrot 1/4 Cup (Chopped in small Cubes ie. Fine Brunoise)
• French Beans 1/4 Cup (Chopped in small Cubes ie. Fine Brunoise)
• Soya Sauce 2 Tsp Or As Required.
• Vinegar 1 Tsp
• Red Chilly Sauce 2 Tsp Or As Required.
• Salt to taste
• Coriander Leaves 2 Tbsp (Finely Chopped For Garnish)
• Fried Noodles For Garnish As Required.
• Cornflour 6Tbsp dissolved in 2Tbsp Water.
• Ajinomoto 1-2 Tsp To Taste As Required.
For Vegetable Stock:
• Roughly chop the vegetables & take aside.
• Take 5 Cups of water in a woak. Add all the vegies & 1 Tsp oil.
• Cook the stock on medium flame for 25-30 minutes.
• Allow the vegetables to settle at the bottom. Remove the scum when appears at the top.
• Strain & pour the stock in Jar. Keep it aside.
For The Soup:
• Chop the vegetables as mentioned above.
• Make a Cornstarch as mentioned and keep it aside.
• Heat little bit of cooking oil in a Pan on medium flame.
• Add Chopped Spring Onions, Ginger, Garlic, Green Chillies. Saute it for few seconds until garlic turns little brown.
• Now add Capsicum, Carrot, Cabbage, French Beans. Mix it and cook on high flame.
• Now add Vegetable Stock and bring it to boil. Simmer it for 1 minute.
• Now add salt to taste & Ajinomoto. Stir Cornstarch mixture and add it to soup. Stirring Cornstarch is necessary because it has tendency to go at the bottom of the bowl.
• Simmer the soup gently till soup thickens slightly. Add Soya Sauce, Red Chill Sauce, Vinegar. Mix it well and cook it for 1 minute.
• Turn off the heat. Transfer it to serving bowl. Garnish it with Coriander Leaves & Fried Noodles. Serve Hot.
• To Make fried noodles. Heat water in a pot. add pinch of salt & 2 tsp oil. Boil the Noodles in it up to 70%. Strain noodles. Coat it with Cornflour. Fry it in oil on medium flame until it becomes crunchy.
• Don’t overcook Noodles otherwise it will become sticky.
• Never add salt while preparing any stock.