Coconut Chutney Is One Of The Best Accompaniment Used With Most Of The South Indian Dishes Like Idli, Udid/Medu Vada, Dosa, Uttapam, Masala Payasem, Batata Vada etc. This Chutney Is Made Up Of Grated Coconut Along With Spices and Tempering. Coconut Chutney Is Delicious and Palatable. Here I am Sharing Restaurant Style Recipe Of Coconut Chutney.
• 1 Fresh Coconut Roughly Chopped
• Grated Ginger 3 Teaspoons
• Green Chillies Chopped 5
• Roasted Chana Dal/Bengal Gram 3Tbsp
• Malai Curd/ Plain Yogurt
• Lemon Juice 3 Teaspoons
• Water As Required
• Salt To Taste
• Curry Leaves 10-15
● For Tempering:
• Cumin Seeds 3 Teaspoons
• Mustard Seeds 1.5 Teaspoon
• Curry Leaves 5-8
• Dry Red Chilli 1
• Oil As Needed
• Roughly Chop The Coconut And Keep It Aside. Dray Roast The Chana Dal On a Pan & Keep It Aside.
• Wash and Rinse The Curry Leaves. Dry Them On a Kitchen Towel. Heat Oil in a Small Pan. Add The Curry Leaves and Fry Till They Become Crisp. Let The Curry Leaves-Oil Mixture Become Warm.
• Take Chopped Coconut In a Small Chutney Jar Of Food Processor Or Grinder. Grind It To a Paste And Tranfer To a Plate. Take Green Chillies, Roasted Chana Dal, Fried Curry Leaves and Ginger In The Chutney Jar Of Food Processor And Grind Them To Make a Smooth Powder.
• Take Crushed Coconut, Spices Powder Made Above, Malai Curd/Yogurt, Lemon Juice, Salt To Taste. Grind Them To a Medium Coarse Paste By Adding Water Up To Desired Consistensy Of The Chutney. Transfer To a Serving Bowl.
• Heat Oil In a Small Tempering Pan. Add Mustard Seeds, Cumin Seeds. When They Begins To Crackle, Add Curry Leaves, Red Chilly And Saute For – Seconds. Take Away Pan From Flame & Immediately Pour Tempering Over The Prepared Coconut Paste And Mix Well. Now Your Delicious Coconut Chutneey Is Ready. So Enjoy With Your Favourite Dish.