Chebureki is a popular Russian food that originated in Georgia. Chebureki consist of a thin layer of dough and seasoned ground meat filling, deep-fried in a pan of oil. It has crunchi delicious flavor. It’s shape is just like Maharashtrian snack named “Karanji/Kanula”. Kanula has sweet flovor and it has prepared in the diwali festival in India. I have learned this delicious recipe from master chef of my college. So let’s start the recipe,
• 5 Cups All Purpose Flour
• 2 Eggs
• Chicken 300gm
• Spring Onion Finely Chopped 2 Cups
• Water As Needed
• Oil For Deep Frying
• Salt To Taste
• Cilantro 1 Bunch
• 1/2th Teaspoon White Pepper Powder
• 5 Tablespoon Plain Yogurt
• Garlic Minced 1Tbsp
• Take Chicken On a Chopping Board and Mince it. Finely Chop Cilantro Leaves.
• Take Minced Chicken In a Large Bowl. Add Finely Chopped Onion, Cilantro, 5 Tbsp Yogurt, White Pepper Powder, Garlic Minced 1Tbsp And Salt To Taste. Add Water As Needed And Mix It Well And Take a Bowl In a Refregirator For Marination Up To 30 Minutes.
• Take a Medium Size Bowl. Combine Flour, 2 Eggs, Salt To Taste, Water As Needed. Knead a Dough i.e Dense and Elastic In Nature.
• Make Equal Balls Of The Dough. Place In a Container, Put a Wet Paper Towel On Top, Cover With a Lid, And Let Stand For 30 Minutes To an Hour.
• Dust Your Work Surface With Flour And Roll The Dough Into a Thin Sheet, No More Than 1/10” In Thickness. You Won’t Have Enough Surface To Roll All The Dough At Once, So Divide It Into Manageable Portions. Cut Out Large Circles With a Lid From a Cooking Pot With Sharp Edges 7-8” in Diameter. Re-knead And Reuse The Dough Between The Cutouts.
• Put 2 Tbsp Minced Meat At The Center Of The Chebureki. Fold The Chebureki Half Of The Circle To Meet Edges Perfectly. Don’t Overfill The Filling. Make Sure That Filling Is Completely Sealed In Chebureki. Edges Of Chebureki Lightly Moisten With Little Amount Of Water For Better Seal.
• Press Together The Edges And Then Crimp Them With a Fork For The Signature Ruffled Look Of Chebureki.
• Carefully Flatten The Chebureki Making Sure They Don’t Burst Open. Flattening Is Important For Even And Thorough Cooking Of The Meat Inside.
• Repeat The Above Procedure And Make All The Cheburekies. Heat Oil In a Deep Fry Pan.
• Deep Fry All The Cheburekies Until Light Brown & Crisp. Drain On Kitchen Tissues/Paper Towels To Remove Excess Oil. Serve Hot With Sauces.