Potato Chips is a worldwide famous snack. Potato Chips are thin and crispy deep fried salted chips. There are many companies today, Which are selling potato chips in different flavours. But still peoples love traditional potato chips. Today I am sharing my recipe with you so you can enjoy it at your home. Don’t forget to write your feedback via comments. Suggestions are always welcome.
• 4 Potatoes
• Salt to taste
• Red chilli powder
• 1-2 Pinch Alum
• Kitchen Tissues/Paper Towels
• Oil for deep frying
• Peel the potatoes then make thin slices of it using slicer.
• Wash the slices in a fresh water 2-3 times to remove all the starch from the chips.
• Dissolve all the slices in water then add Alum in it. Rest it for 10-15 minutes
• Boil the water in a pot for 5 minutes. Add salt in it. Then add all the slices in it and cook for 2-3 minutes. Let it cool for few minutes.
• Drain the chips on a paper towel or kitchen tissue. Take care that paper must soak all the excess water from chips.
• Heat oil in a deep kadhai. Drop a small slice of potato to check oil is ready for frying or not. If the slice rise immediately then oil is ready. Set the gas on medium flame.
• fry all the chips in batches one by one. Use slotted ladle to remove excess oil from chips.
• Drain chips on paper towels and sprinkle salt+red chilli powder when still chips are hot. Mix it well and store it in a tight container after chips are become cool.
• Don’t overcook the chips.
• Dissolve salt in water. While frying the slices after few seconds reduce the flame and sprinkle salted water on chips Be careful while doing this step make sure that you are away from the gas. If you are scare of it then skip this step and add salt at the end.
• Don’t add excess alum because it can spoil the taste.
Aaloo Chips, Potato Chips, Crispy Chips, Batata Chips, Chips, Potato Crisps, Tasty Chips
Delicious Dishes For Healthy Life