Kanda Poha is a very popular & delicious breakfast. This is one of the my favorite breakfast. I eat Kanda Poha on every Monday as it’s my weekly off. I am sharing my mom’s recipe with you. I hope you like it. Don’t forget to write me. Kanda Poha is a Marathi word in which Kanda is Onion & Poha is a Beaten Rice.
• Thick Poha/Beaten Rice: 375gm
• 4 Onions finely chopped
• 4-5 Green Chillies
• 1/2 Cup Of Fresh Coconut (Scrapped)
• 1/4 Cup Raw Peanuts
• 1/2 tsp Sugar
• 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 1 Lemon
• Some Curry Leaves
• 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
• 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
• 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
• Salt To Taste
• Coriander Leaves
• 3 tbsp Oil.
• Wash the Pohe/Beaten Rice in cold running water. Drain out all the water & keep aside for 5 minutes.
• Chop Onions, Green Chillies, Coriander Leaves. Cut the lemon in the halves. Scrape the coconut.
• Heat 3 tbsp Oil in a pan. Add 1 tsp Mustard Seeds, 1 tsp Cumin Seeds, Curry Leaves, Peanut & Saute it for few minutes.
• Now add onion, Green Chillies. Fry it until onion become light brown. Add Asafoetida & 1/4 tsp turmeric powder.
• Add Salt to taste & 1/2tsp Sugar.
• Start adding Poha & Keep mixing. Mix it well until Poha takes yellow shade of turmeric powder. Now cook it up to 5 to 6 minutes until it gets steam.
• Garnish with Coriander Leaves, Coconut & Lemon Juice. Serve hot with a cup of Tea.