Indo-Chinese dishes are very famous in India. Chicken schezwan fried rice is one of my favorite dish from Indo-Chinese dishes. This can be served along with Chicken Manchow Soup & Chicken Manchurian. You can also use paneer instead of chicken to make this recipe vegetarian.
● Schezwan Sauce Recipe:
This sauce is very hot & spicy. You can use it in all Indo-Chinese recipes. It’s basically made from Red Chilles.
• Garlic 2 Cloves Finely Chopped
• Ginger 1/2 Inch Piece Finely Chopped
• Cornstarch Or Corn Flour 2 tsp
• Celery 1 tsp Finely Chopped
• White Vinegar 2 tsp
• Green Onion 3 tsp Finely Chopped
• Tomato Sos 3 tsp
• Water 1 Cup
• Dried Red Chillies 10/12 (Stem & Seeds Removed)
• Salt as needed
• Garlic 6-8 Cloves
• Take 1/2 cup of water & add 10/12 Red chillies, 6/8 Garlic Cloves to it. Cook it for 10 minutes & keep aside to cool down.
• Now make smooth paste of Red Chillies & Garlic using grinder or blender.
• Take 1/2 tsp water in a bowl & dissolve Cornstarch or Corn flour in it. Keep this bowl aside.
• Heat some oil (3/4 tsp) in a pan on medium flame. Once oil gets hot add chopped Ginger-Garlic, Celery & Green Onion. Saute it for 2-3 minutes.
• Add prepared Ginger-Garlic mixture & salt. Then add Cornstarch mixture and stir it. Let it come to a simmer.
• Now add Tomato sos, Vinegar & mix it well.
• Cook until it gets thick up to 3-4 minutes. Turn off the gas. Your Schezwan Sauce is ready.
First we have learned the preparation of Schezwan Sauce. Schezwan Sauce is very spicy & important ingredient in Indo-Chinese recipes. You can make it for instant use & it can be also stored for later use.
• Cooked Basmati Rice 2 Cups.
• Boneless Chicken Small Pieces 350gm
• 1 Egg
• Olive Oil / Cooking Oil 3 tbsp
• Soya Sauce 2 tsp
• Tomato Sauce 2 tsp
• Green Onion finely chopped / 12 Cup
• Grated Ginger-Garlic 3 tsp
• Capsicum finely chopped 1/2 Cup
• Carrot, Beans, Cabbage finely chopped 1/2 Cup
• Celery Leaves finely chopped 3tsp
• Schezwan Sauce 2-3 tsp
• Salt as needed (2-3 Pinch)
• Wash the Basmati Rice & Cook with salt as needed. Cook it up to 70%. When you taste rice, It should have a bite. Drain all the excess water from it.
• Make small pieces of boneless chicken.
• Finely chop the Carrots, Beans, Green Portion Of Onion, Capsicum, Cabbage & Keep it aside.
• Beat 1 egg in small bowl & keep it aside.
• Hot oil in a non-stick pan on medium flame. Add finely grated Ginger-Garlic & saute it for few minutes. Do not Change the colour of Garlic. Add finely chopped white onion & fry it for 1-2 minutes at high flame. Toss it gently.
• Add chicken pieces, salt & give a stirr. Sprinkle some water to cook it for few minutes. Once chicken is cooked well, Add all the finely chopped veggies to cook it for few minutes.
• Stirr it continuously & cook the veggies. Take care about crunchiness of the veggies. Don’t cook it completely.
• Add beaten Egg, Soya Sauce, Tomato Sauce & Schezwan Sauce mix it well. Toss it gently & cook it for few minutes.
• Add cooked Basmati Rice & Simultaneously Fluff it, Mix it & Toss Gently. Cook in a high flame for 2-3 minutes.
• Turn off the flame. Your hot & spicy Chicken Schezwan Rice is ready. Serve it with Chicken Manchurian & Chicken Manchow Soup.